Need a decadent dip for your holiday parties? Skip the store-bought stuff, and make one of these three easy homemade recipes. They’re worth the extra time, we promise.
For those who love a little heat, the slow cooker Buffalo dip is effortless and perfect. The caramelized onion dip is elegant and gives the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. Lastly, the ricotta dip is simple but so good for those who love a hot, baked dip.
Caramelized sweet onion dip recipe
Sweet onions are lightly caramelized and folded into sour cream for a sweet and tangy bite. Serve with chips or veggies.
Yields 1-3/4 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups finely minced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Sea salt and ground pepper, for seasoning
- To a large pan over medium heat, add the butter, onions and sugar. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions start to brown and caramelize.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and remaining ingredients. Mix well, and fold the caramelized onions into the mixture.
- Cover, and chill for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop. Mix again, and serve with chips or fresh vegetables.
Creamy, skinny, slow cooker Buffalo chicken dip
This spicy, creamy, slow cooker dip is loaded with shredded chicken, fat-free cream cheese and hot sauce. Serve with celery sticks or chips.
Yields 2-1/4 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups diced or shredded chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope powdered ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup hot wing sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot sauce)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- To the bowl of a slow cooker, add all the ingredients.
- Mix well, and cover the cooker with the lid. Set the cooker to cook on high for 2 hours.
- Mix the dip halfway through the cook time, then reduce the heat to low, and cook for another hour.
- Once the dip is creamy and hot, transfer it to a serving bowl, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve warm with celery sticks or chips.
Garlicky hot ricotta cheese dip
Warm and savory, this dip is full of ricotta cheese and garlic. Serve with fresh bread or crackers.
Yields 2 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, for seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, sliced thin
- Crackers, chips or sliced Italian bread, for dipping
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well. Transfer to the baking dish, and bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove the dip from the oven, and garnish with fresh diced tomatoes and basil.
- Serve warm with crackers, chips or Italian bread.
More easy dip recipe ideas
Spicy hot corn dip
Individual 7-layer dips
Cheesy chicken taco bacon dip
Leave a Comment