15 Easy ways to make whipped cream even tastier (INFOGRAPHIC)
My homemade flavored whipped cream is always a big hit — everyone gushes about how amazing I am in the kitchen when they taste it. My secret? Homemade flavored whipped cream isn't really that hard.
It only takes about five minutes, and if you can operate a stand or hand mixer and dump ingredients into a bowl, you're pretty much set.
Homemade whipped cream tips
- Feel the need for speed? Your whipped cream will come together faster if you freeze the bowl and beaters you'll be using for at least half an hour. Make sure the heavy cream is also fresh from the fridge.
- Need to stabilize your whipped cream so it doesn't melt or deflate as fast? Stabilize it with 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar per cup of cream.
- Don't know what a stiff peak is? Stiff peaks hold their shape (unlike soft peaks) and stand straight up without curling over (unlike medium peaks) when you lift the beater.
- Whipped cream will last about 10 hours in the fridge, so you can make it ahead. Just give it another good whisk for 10 or 20 seconds.
- If any ingredients need to be folded in, do it at the last minute. That way, if you have to refresh your whipped cream, you can.
More fun food infographics
27 Irresistible topping combos for the best grilled pizza (INFOGRAPHIC)
15 DIY popcorn seasoning combos that prove you don't need butter (INFOGRAPHIC)
10 Dry rub recipes to up your barbecue game (INFOGRAPHIC)