One-Pot Wonder: Impossibly easy chicken and brown rice teriyaki
If you don’t have the time to plan dinner, then this recipe is a must-try. This Asian-inspired one-pot meal gets on the table pronto, leaving no stress or worry when the family is hungry and you're pressed for time.
Chicken breast and brown rice cook up perfectly and so tender in this super-easy one-pot meal perfect for busy moms. Teriyaki sauce adds just the right amount of savory and sweet flavors to this delicious dish that your whole family will love.
One-pot teriyaki chicken and rice recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- To a large pot with a lid, add the rice, broth and garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well, and add in the chicken breasts. Cover the pot, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Allow the chicken and rice to simmer for about 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Once the rice is done cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken right in the pot (or, if easier, on a cutting board, and then return the chicken to the pot).
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce, and garnish with fresh sliced green onions.