I honestly don’t know what to love most about this recipe. It’s got three classic comfort foods going on all at once: mac and cheese, Buffalo wings and stuffed peppers. I mean, can a meal get even better than that?
There are some days I crave wings hard. Usually nothing else will do, and a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings ensues. Last time that happened, though, I threw some Buffalo sauce on pasta with chicken and actually felt satisfied. That spurred the idea for these Buffalo chicken mac and cheese-stuffed peppers, because what’s better than mac and cheese combined with Buffalo wings? Mac and cheese combined with Buffalo wings inside a pepper.
Quick tip: Grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, and make this recipe even easier.
Buffalo chicken mac and cheese-stuffed peppers
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups cooked elbow pasta
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 4-5 large bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
- Blue cheese crumbles, for topping
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To a large bowl, add the chicken, pasta, Buffalo sauce, celery and cheese, and toss to combine.
- Spoon the filling into each pepper, and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the peppers start to shrivel and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and top with blue cheese before serving.