BBQ turkey nachos give new life to Thanksgiving leftovers
I have always loved nachos, but usually when I make them, it's just a pile of corn chips topped with cheese. This version is packed with way more flavor and uses up leftover Thanksgiving turkey and cranberry sauce.
The best part about these nachos is the sweet and tangy cranberry-BBQ sauce drizzle. Not only is it the perfect way to repurpose cranberry sauce leftovers, but it's versatile too. It's so good on nachos, sandwiches and even french fries.
BBQ turkey nachos recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Corn chips
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded turkey
- 1/3 cup banana peppers
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- To a blender, add the cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Set your oven to broil, and cover a plate with 1 layer of corn chips. Cover with 1/2 cup of shredded turkey, 1/2 the banana peppers and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven, and top with another layer of corn chips. Cover with the remaining turkey, peppers and cheese.
- Add back to the oven, and bake just until the cheese has melted.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce and sliced green onions.