Sweet potatoes stuffed with greens and feta are a simple fiber-packed meal
There are days when the energy to cook dinner is just not there. I'm not saying I don't want to eat, but I certainly don't want to cook. That's when super-stuffed sweet potatoes come into my life. They are so simple to make, plus they are packed with fiber.
This delicious potato is stuffed with feta cheese and garlicky sautéed baby greens. My greens mix was a combination of baby Swiss chard, kale and spinach. I love using baby greens because they are less bitter, but you still get all the nutritional goodness.
Sautéed greens- and feta-stuffed sweet potato recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baby greens (spinach, kale and chard mix)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Using a fork, poke holes into your sweet potatoes' skins.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 5 to 8 minutes or until soft.
- While your sweet potatoes are cooking, to a small skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the garlic, and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add in the greens, and sauté quickly or just until soft.
- Cut open your cooked sweet potatoes, and fluff the insides of the potatoes.
- Add equal parts greens to each potato, and mix together to combine.
- Top the potatoes with feta and black pepper, if desired.