If I could eat pie for breakfast every single morning, I totally would. I know… what would my mother say? Well, she would probably tell me to not eat pie because it’s not healthy and to instead eat some oatmeal. So I took oatmeal and combined it with sweet potato pie so I could eat it for breakfast completely guilt free.
To also bump up the health factor in these oats, I added in a little flaxseed and chia seed. They are a great addition to almost any breakfast and bring a nice punch of nutrients. These oats are also great if you happen to have a few leftover baked sweet potatoes in the fridge. But don’t worry if you don’t — canned pumpkin can be used in their place for an equally delicious substitute.
Sweet potato pie oatmeal recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Coconut milk, to taste
- Cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Chopped pecans, for topping
- Prepare the rolled oats according to the package directions. Once they are cooked, stir in the mashed sweet potato, brown sugar, maple syrup, flaxseeds, chia seeds and pumpkin pie spice.
- Using the coconut milk, thin out the oatmeal till desired consistency.
- Serve hot topped with cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans.