Copycat IHOP Grain 'N Nut pancakes let you enjoy your favorite stack at home
Breakfast out is great, but it's even better when you can make your favorite restaurant recipe at home. It's especially nice on the wallet, since you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. Who doesn't love saving a little cash?
These copycat IHOP Grain 'N Nut pancakes aren't filled with just whole-wheat flour; they are also filled with oat flour and two kinds of nuts. They're packed full of nutty flavor and super easy to make. Trust me, you'll want to get into the kitchen right away to make these beauties.
Copycat IHOP Grain 'N Nut pancakes recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 to 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- To a high-powered blender, add the oats, and blend until the consistency of flour.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl, and add in the white whole-wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. Whisk to combine, and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, 3/4 cup of whole milk, applesauce and coconut sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until you have a complete batter. Stir in the chopped nuts. If the batter seems too thick, then simply thin it out with a little more whole milk.
- Heat your griddle (or frying pan) over medium heat, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook until the batter bubbles slightly and the underside is browned, then flip, and cook on the other side till golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.