Pumpkin-chocolate chip skillet cookie — an easy fall dessert in 25 minutes
Who doesn’t love a good cookie? Instead of making a bunch of cookies, I decided to make one giant cookie and serve it family-style in a skillet. This fun fall dessert is great for sharing (or not).
Pumpkin puree is folded into a homemade chocolate chip cookie dough batter full of milk chocolate chips and pecans, and the cookie is served nice and hot with a huge scoop of ice cream on top.
Pumpkin-chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe
This cookie is loaded with HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips, pumpkin and pecans and is served up hot from the oven with a huge scoop of icy cold vanilla ice cream on top.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
For the dry ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the wet ingredients
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- French vanilla ice cream
- Extra pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Extra chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a bowl, add all the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- To a separate bowl, add the butter and sugar, and mix with a hand mixer for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients, and mix for another 2 minutes, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to the skillet, and use your fingers to press the dough down around the edges of the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the outside is slightly browned and crispy and the center is still soft and slightly undercooked.
- Remove from the oven, serve with scoops of French vanilla ice cream, and garnish with pecans and extra chocolate chips. Serve immediately.