What a perfect pizza for the holidays — dessert-style, that is. It’s packed with holiday flavors and autumn colors for a fun twist on the traditional pumpkin pie.
This pizza gets its start from a super-huge cookie crust and then all the fixings of a pumpkin pie.
To get started, heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then form the cookie dough over a medium-size (12-inch) pizza pan, leaving about 1/4 inch of empty space from the top edge (to allow room for the dough to rise slightly).
As the dough warms up from your hand, it becomes much easier to form it into the shape of pizza crust.
Bake the pizza crust in the oven until it turns a golden color.
For the pizza “sauce,” cooked pumpkin pie filling is used. Once the filling has cooled, gently spread it over the cookie crust, leaving about a 1/2 inch of space from the edge of the crust (so it resembles pizza crust).
Chop the white chocolate chips to make the “cheese.”
Add the cheese to the pizza.
To make the pepperoni, cut out 2-inch circles from pie dough.
Bake the pie dough circles until they turn a golden color.
Top with Cool Whip topping, and sprinkle with cinnamon to make the “pepperoni.”
To make the “sausage,” heat a medium-size pan on medium heat, and add the pecans and brown sugar. Continuously stir as the brown sugar melts and coats the pecans.
Now here comes the fun part. Top the pizza with the pepperoni, sausage, orange pumpkin morsels and chocolate chips.
Just before serving, cut the pizza with a pizza cutter into servings.
Serve right away after cutting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin pie dessert pizza recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll sugar cookie dough
- 3 cups cooked and cooled pumpkin pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 small sheet premade pie dough, cut into 10 (2-inch) circles
- 1-1/2 cups Cool Whip topping
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange pumpkin spice morsels
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Evenly spread the cookie dough onto a 12-inch pizza pan, leaving the dough about 1/4 of an inch from the top edges (to give room for the dough to rise).
- Let bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until it turns a golden color.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- While the cookie crust is cooling, add the pie dough circles to the oven, and let bake until they turn a light golden color (about 15 to 20 minutes). Let cool.
- While the pie crust is cooking, heat a medium-size skillet on medium heat, and add the pecans and brown sugar to make the “sausage” for the pizza. Continuously stir as the pecans heat up. Keep stirring as the brown sugar starts to turn sticky and adhere to the nuts (about 6 minutes). Remove from the heat, and let cool.
- Gently spread the pumpkin pie filling on top of the cookie crust to make the pizza “sauce,” leaving about 1/2 inch of crust showing.
- Top with chopped white chocolate chips for the “cheese.”
- To the pie shell circles, top with Cool Whip topping, and sprinkle cinnamon on top for the “pepperoni.” Add the pepperoni to the pizza.
- Add the candied pecans (sausage) on top of the pizza.
- Top with pumpkin spice morsels and chocolate chips.
- Just before serving, cut the pizza into serving sizes with a pizza cutter.