One-Pot Wonder: 30-Minute bison-chili pasta skillet is comfort food fast
Sometimes it's hard to decide which route to go when it comes to comfort food. Do you want a nice, big bowl of pasta, or a hearty soup, stew or chili? Decisions, decisions...
With this one-pot wonder that's ready in just 30 minutes start to finish, you get the best of both worlds. It's part chili, part pasta and a whole lot of delicious comfort food in each serving. Using ground bison keeps things on the leaner side too, but feel free to substitute with whatever ground meat you want (beef would be the closest swap). And if you're looking to make things even creamier and decadent, add a touch of cream cheese at the end with the grated cheese too. That'll be sure to keep everyone at the dinner table happy.
Bison-chili pasta skillet recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups rigatoni
- 1 pound ground bison (or ground beef)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated yellow cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Fill a 12-inch skillet with water, and bring to a boil. Add the rigatoni, and cook until al dente (about 2 to 3 minutes before fully cooked). Drain the water, leaving the pasta in the skillet.
- Add the ground bison, onions and garlic to the skillet, and using a spatula, break up the meat. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper, tomato, salt, pepper and chili powder, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the salsa, and stir until it's evenly distributed within the mixture.
- Add the cheese, toss until melted, and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with the green onions, and serve.