Piña colada hack: Add cranberry juice for a seasonal spin on a classic
'Tis the season for all things cranberry, and what better way to give your piña colada a holiday feel than to infuse it with tart cranberry juice?
Cranberry gives this piña colada just a bit of tartness that's countered by the sweet pineapple juice. And cream of coconut is the perfect complement to both flavors and gives this cocktail its classic tropical taste.
The cranberry juice turns this frozen drink a light pink color that contrasts nicely with the fresh cranberries used as garnish.
So bring a little paradise to your holiday season, and enjoy a piña colada no matter what time of year it is.
Cranberry piña colada recipe
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 3/4 cup white rum
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 3 fresh pineapple wedges, for garnish
- 15 cranberries, for garnish
- To a blender, add the cranberry juice, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, rum and crushed ice.
- Blend on the smoothie setting.
- Pour into serving glasses, and garnish with pineapple and cranberries.
- Serve right away.