Halloween chocolate-covered pretzels with spooky eyes lookin' right at you
Who doesn't love chocolate covered pretzels? I am a fan of the dark chocolate ones; however, my daughters prefer the ones covered in white chocolate. Meeting them halfway, I made these spooky little guys with both, dark and white chocolate, and we all lived happily ever after...
These are really easy to do and they are truly delicious. I love passing these out as little party favors or treats for the kids. Besides, the combo of sweet and salty seems to be everyone's favorite, lately.
Whatever the occasion, you can get creative and use sprinkles, crushed Oreos, crushed candy canes for Christmas, crushed nuts, etc... The possibilities are endless. These Halloween treats use just pretzels and chocolate.
Halloween chocolate covered pretzels recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 Hours and 20 minutes
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 bag large thin pretzels
- Wax paper
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir; the chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, grab a pretzel and dip it into the melted chocolate.
- Remove the pretzel from the chocolate and shake off all the excess.
- Place the pretzel on previously lined baking sheet.
- Continue to do this with the rest of your pretzels.
- Refrigerate them for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of shortening in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir; the chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir and spoon into a piping bag.
- Pipe white chocolate into the two top pretzel holes; allow to set for a bit.
- Place mini chocolate chips in the middle of the white chocolate to make the eyes.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove and serve immediately.