I wanted to cook peaches with goat cheese, but I’ve changed my mind. Yep, I really like inventing, and decided to make this recipe better and tastier. I think you’ll love the new recipe!
Peaches with lemon shortbread recipe
Sweet caramelized peaches with crunchy shortbread cookies and ice cream. (Choose your favorite flavor. I prefer classic vanilla bean, pistachio, red bean or the most amazing — peanut butter!)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 6 peaches, cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons butter (extra)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Ice cream as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and lemon zest, whip until smooth then add vanilla and beat again.
- Add salt and stir in the flour, mix until combined.
- Form the dough and freeze until firm for approximately 30 minutes.
- Slice the dough into thick slices. Place the cookies on the tray covered baking paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let them cool on the pan for 5 to 7 minutes, then cool them in the fridge.
- In a big saucepan, melt the butter on the over-medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir. Add half cut peaches, stir and wait until peaches are soft. Add cinnamon.
- Serve the peaches with 2 cookies and place ice cream between the cookies.