Oven-baked chicken bites get a flavor boost from spicy crackers
Make your fried chicken dinner exciting again by using crushed crackers as breading. These jalapeño cheese cracker-breaded chicken bites will leave your family begging for seconds.
Need a fast and easy meal or just a fun and tasty way to jazz up your boring everyday chicken? These oven-fried chicken bites use crushed jalapeño cheese sandwich crackers as a breading, so be prepared to be wowed for dinner tonight!
Using crushed crackers to coat your chicken not only adds a crispy, crunchier texture once the chicken is oven baked, but it also adds great flavor with a hint of spice. Don’t worry about the spice level being too overpowering in this recipe — it adds just the right amount of kick to make this chicken perfect.
Spicy cracker-crusted oven-fried chicken bites recipe
Use crushed jalapeño cheese crackers as a crispy, crunchy, spicy breading for your chicken.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Lance jalapeño cheddar Captain's Wafers crackers
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the chicken pieces with the garlic power, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and buttermilk, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crushed crackers, panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the chicken pieces through the egg-buttermilk mixture, and then coat the chicken in the cracker-breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on the baking sheet, and when all the chicken pieces are breaded, bake the chicken uncovered for 18 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and transfer it to a serving plate. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and serve with your choice of dips, such as ranch, Buffalo wing sauce or honey-mustard.