Apple cider and mint mingle in this perfect-for-fall mojito
Fresh apple cider, apple slices and mint are muddled and served icy cold in this fall-inspired take on a mojito that's perfect for sipping all autumn.
The combination of apple cider and fall-flavored liquors add perfect balance to this drink, with just the right amount of sweetness. The cinnamon schnapps adds fiery spice, while the mint refreshes without overpowering. It's the perfect cocktail to take advantage of apple season.
Fresh apple cider mojitos recipe
Total time: 10 minutes
- Fresh apple slices, plus extra for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 8 ounces fresh apple cider
- 2 ounces apple brandy (like Laird’s)
- 1 ounce cinnamon schnapps
- 1 ounce spiced rum
- To each glass, add fresh apple slices, mint and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Using a muddler, mash the apples, mint and sugar to help break up the ingredients.
- To a cocktail shaker, add the remaining ingredients (except for the ice), and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Fill each glass with ice, strain the cocktail into each glass, and garnish with extra apple slices and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Serve immediately.