With this recipe, weeknight dinners for your family don’t have to be a struggle. Throw everything into one pot, and prepare yourself for a delicious dinner.
There are three things that make this one of my favorite meals: 1) You simply put all the ingredients together into one saucepan, 2) it takes 35 minutes to prepare and cook, 3) how incredible it tastes.
The chorizo plays an important role in providing the distinctive flavor to this dish. With the help of the lemons and shrimp, it becomes a dish that is absolutely packed with intense tastes that blend quite well.
One-pot chorizo shrimp rice recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3/4 cup peas
- 4 ounces chorizo, sliced
- 2 slices organic lemon
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus more to be drizzled after cooking)
- Salt and pepper
- 2-1/2 cups water
- Into a large saucepan, put all the ingredients together, pouring the water as the last.
- Over medium heat, bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat to low, cover partially, and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until the liquid has been completely absorbed. Mix a few times, and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil before serving.