Nothing signals that fall is here more than pumpkin-flavored everything. Jump on the bandwagon with these easy, no-bake bites full of pumpkin pie flavor that you won’t believe are actually vegan and gluten-free.
I had some pumpkin puree on hand from another recipe and wanted to use it up, so I came up with this healthy snack that’s not only no-bake but also completely vegan. Full of good-for-you ingredients like hemp seeds, dark chocolate, pure maple syrup and gluten-free oats, these little bites taste just like fall.
Being low on sugar, these make a wonderful little snack for your child’s lunchbox or a sweet treat with a cup of coffee. They won’t wreck your diet, and they even offer a protein boost from the almond butter, hemp and chia seeds.
No-bake pumpkin pie bites recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Mini dark chocolate chips
- Organic raw hemp seeds
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper, and set it aside.
- To a bowl, add the dry ingredients, and mix.
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Warm for 30 seconds or until the almond butter has melted.
- To the dry ingredients, add the pumpkin puree, then pour the warm almond butter mixture on top, and mix very well.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the waxed paper. Roll the mixture into balls, and chill them for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and roll into the mini chocolate chips, hemp seeds or any other desired toppings.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator