Here’s a daiquiri that’s all about autumn and has the ingredients of a pumpkin pie, including the crust and whipped cream.
This spiked pumpkin pie has to be served with a straw because no forks or spoons are allowed. And the good news is that you can eat the crust with your fingers because it’s in the form of a cute jack-o’-lantern cookie.
This daiquiri looks and tastes like fall but has just a touch of lime to it from the lemon-lime soda.
And what’s a pie without crust? This pumpkin pie daiquiri comes with its own crust and whipped cream in the form of a festive garnish.
Pumpkin pie daiquiri with edible jack-o’-lantern garnish recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 10 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
- 3 ounces gold rum
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Premade pie dough, cut into six 2-1/4-inch circles, for garnish (optional)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten (egg wash for pie dough, optional for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons Cool Whip topping, for garnish (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For 2 of the circular pie dough shapes, cut out eyes, a nose and a mouth to make a jack-o’-lantern.
- For 2 of the other circular pie dough shapes, roll in a loose, tubular shape like a straw (this will hold the jack-o’-lantern in place inside the daiquiri).
- On a small cookie sheet, lay all the pie crust shapes. With a food brush or the back of a spoon, brush egg yolk on top of just the jack-o’-lanterns.
- Bake all the pie crust shapes until they turn a golden color (about 5 to 7 minutes for the circular shapes; the tubular shapes may take 2 to 3 minutes longer). Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
- Add Cool Whip to each of the plain circular pie crusts, and then sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top of the Cool Whip. Then gently put 1 of the jack-o’-lanterns on top of the Cool Whip to form a sandwich. Set aside.
- To a blender, add the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, soda and ice. Blend on the smoothie setting.
- After pouring the daiquiri into each glass, lay the tubular pie crust shape inside the glass, up against 1 of the sides. It should stick out of the drink slightly. Add to the top edge of the pie crust a small dollop of Cool Whip. Lay the jack-o’-lantern flat on top of the dollop of Cool Whip, add a couple of pinches of cinnamon on top of the daiquiri, and serve.