These mushrooms are so over the top and totally delicious. Slightly spicy, perfectly creamy and ready in under an hour.
The best part is how easy these are. The filling is all made in one skillet and then stuffed into these big, fat mushrooms. I use a baking sheet to help keep the caps nice and dry, but you can also make these in a 9 x 13-inch dish that goes from oven to table.
Cheesy chorizo-stuffed mushrooms recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 16 large stuffing mushrooms
- 1 pound raw chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese, divided
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- Wash the caps of the mushrooms, and remove the stems and gills. This will give you room to stuff the mushrooms.
- Chop up all the stems and gills, and set them aside.
- To a large skillet set over medium heat, add the chorizo and mushroom scraps, and sauté until the chorizo is browned. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the cream cheese, let it soften slightly, and then stir in with the meat. Stir in 1/4 cup of the pepper jack cheese.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the meat filling, and top with a little remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese on top has browned and melted.