Salted caramel frosting makes simple pumpkin pound cake a showstopper
When the weather starts to get cool, the first thing I want to do bake. I love turning on the oven and letting the warmth fill my house.
This pound cake creates the most delicious pumpkin spice aroma that will make you wish you could bottle it up and turn it into a candle. Plus it's pretty easy to throw together and is perfect for a quick dessert. And to top it all off, it's drizzled with delicious salted caramel-spiced frosting. You'll love this fall treat.
Pumpkin pound cake topped with salted caramel frosting recipe
Yields 1 Bundt cake or 2 loaves
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 40 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons store-bought salted caramel sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a nonstick Bundt pan or 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a large bowl, add the spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, eggs, yogurt, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice. Mix together until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan or 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake is fully baked.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, flip it out of the pan(s), and then cool completely before frosting.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer, add the powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce, the butter and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix together until smooth and pourable. If it's too thick, simply add more of the milk. If it's too thin, then add more powdered sugar.
- Pour the icing over the cake, and drizzle with the remaining salted caramel sauce.