Take your family dinner to a new level with lemon-ricotta pasta (VIDEO)
You may be in a rush at dinnertime, but the meal you put on the table doesn't have to show it. This lemon-ricotta pasta is tasty and looks like you slaved over the stove for hours, but it comes together in a snap.
Lemon-ricotta pasta recipe
- 1 pound pasta (Ronco Pot-Sized Spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated is best)
- 1 cup pasta water (reserved from cooking pasta)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- Lemon slices and zest, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain it, reserving 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Return the warm pot used to cook the pasta to the stovetop, and turn off the burner.
- To the pot, add the olive oil, and mix in the ricotta, lemon juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the ricotta mixture.
- Use additional reserved pasta water if needed to get the desired creamy consistency.
- Mix the pasta with the basil.
- Serve immediately.