5 Unexpected ways to use ground coffee you probably haven't tried (VIDEO)
The older I get, the closer and more dedicated my relationship with coffee becomes. I love the smell, the taste, the caffeine and, of course, the camaraderie with my fellow coffee lovers of the world.
Coffee is one of those really cool ingredients that transcends languages and cultures, spreads smiles and brings people together, uniting us all in coffee-loving harmony, which I love. How many other ingredients can claim that kind of global fame? And because I adore this dreamy, dark substance so much, I refuse to make my coffee consumption a morning-only activity. So I decided to step outside the standard cup of joe and find five different ways to enjoy this classic flavor in a variety of my favorite recipes.
Watch as I show you how to make five fun recipes using ground coffee, including a perky and pretty darn delightful coffee-infused tequila cocktail, a rich, delicious mocha chunk cookie, a smoky rub you’ll use again and again, grab-and-go coffee granola and, in a surprise twist, a DIY coffee face mask that will keep you glowing all year-round!
1. Mocha chunk cookie recipe
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and ground coffee. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the baking soda and salt.
- Add in the flour until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, place the dough on a baking sheet, leaving 2 to 3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake in batches for 13 to 15 minutes.