Taco Tuesday: 10 Mac and cheese tacos that redefine comfort food
Sometimes being an adult stinks, but there are definitely some perks. These tacos prove that the best part of being an adult is eating creamy macaroni and cheese on whatever you want.
And what better way to transition from summer to fall than with tacos stuffed full of cozy comfort food?
1. Mac and cheese pork tacos
Crispy corn taco shells are the perfect textural contrast to creamy mac and cheese in these pork tacos.
2. Velveeta mac and cheese tacos
Velveeta makes the mac and cheese in these beef tacos extra creamy.
3. Double-decker mac and cheese-stuffed bacon weave taco
This bacon weave taco shell is the most culinarily extreme way to enjoy your mac and cheese taco.
4. Homestyle mac and cheese tacos
The creamy mac and cheese in this recipe is made totally from scratch, giving the tacos a homey taste.
5. Taco mac and cheese steaks
This ingenius recipe uses leftover mac and cheese and Steak-umms for the heartiest tacos ever.
6. Sloppy Joe mac and cheese tacos
Contain the sloppiness of your Joes in a hard taco shell... and then top it with mac and cheese, because you can.
7. Colorful mac and cheese tacos
Take a cue from this Instagram picture, and top your soft-shelled mac and cheese tacos with Cotija cheese, sour cream, cilantro and hot sauce.
8. Vegan mac and cheese taco with seitan bacon
Pair your favorite vegan mac and cheese with seitan bacon, then wrap it all up in a soft tortilla shell.
9. Simple mac and cheese tacos
Follow this Instagrammer's lead, and top your taco with some cheesy casarecce pasta for the simplest midnight snack.
10. Mac and cheese carnitas tacos
Spiced, slow-cooked pork is perfect when topped with mac and cheese, like in this recipe.