Transform jalapeño poppers into mummies for the cutest Halloween snack ever
Looking for a cute finger food or appetizer for your Halloween parties? Transform basic jalapeño poppers into an amazingly easy and cute mummy perfect for popping.
Start off by making regular poppers: Fresh jalapeños are halved and the seeds removed, then filled with a cream cheese mixture. To turn them into a Halloween snack, wrap each pepper up in crescent roll dough so they resemble mummies when baked. Don't forget the candy eyes, which can be found at most craft stores or online.
Jalapeño popper mummies recipe
Inspired by Jo and Sue
Prep time: 25 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 10 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Candy eyes, for garnish
- Salsa, for dipping
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each jalapeño in half, remove the seeds, and then set the pepper halves aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well until there are no lumps.
- Using a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll out the crescent dough, and cut it into thin, little strips (at least 2 strips per pepper).
- Carefully wrap each pepper with the strips of dough, and place on the baking sheet.
- Once all the peppers are assembled, bake them for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the eyes on each pepper, and serve with salsa for dipping.