It’s time for football and for friends to gather and celebrate the game (or just game-related activities, like tailgating). Why not try these peanutty, Thai-inspired, oven-baked chicken wings that keep tradition alive with a tasty twist? You’ll love the flavors of these baked-not-fried treats.
Baked is better, right? Then bake up a batch of these wings for an appetizer that will be a hit at any gathering or get-together. The peanut butter-based dressing also includes a little spiciness, garlic and ginger for flavors your family and friends will love.
Whether you’re into watching football or food competitions, these wings are perfect for munching on. Double the recipe to feed a few extra people. Don’t forget the napkins.
Peanutty, Thai-inspired, oven-baked chicken wings recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 37 minutes | Total time: 47 minutes
- 18 chicken wings and/or drumettes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Green onions, chopped, and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil, spray with the nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, chili-garlic sauce, honey, soy sauce and ginger. Mix well, and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, and place the wings on 1 baking sheet so they’re not touching. Drizzle the chicken with the sesame oil, and season with the salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, and then remove them from the oven.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken, and pour the peanut sauce over it. Use your hands to ensure each wing is coated in sauce.
- Place the chicken on the second baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. To finish the wings, you can place them under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, watching closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove the wings from the oven, place them on a platter, and garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.