Homemade yogurt drop biscuits in 20 minutes — yes, really
Drop biscuits are one of the easiest recipes in the bread-making world. Mix together a few ingredients, drop it onto a baking sheet, bake up till golden brown, slather with butter, and enjoy.
It simply does not get easier than a biscuit.
What makes these biscuits so delicious is that they're made with tangy Greek yogurt, sharp cheddar cheese and lots of fresh herbs. You can use whatever herbs you love, but I used a delicious blend of thyme, rosemary and sage. Every bite tasted like fall.
Yogurt drop biscuits with sharp cheddar and fresh herbs recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (I used thyme, rosemary and sage)
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in the remaining ingredients until a wet, sticky dough forms.
- Drop about 1/3 cup of dough per biscuit onto the baking sheet. You should have enough to make 6 large biscuits.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden on the outside and fully cooked in the middle.
- Serve plain or with butter.