5 Decadent fall treats you won't believe are low-cal (VIDEO)
Baking season is just around the corner, but that doesn't mean you have to pull out your elastic waistband pants too. These five recipes are made with new Zing™ Baking Blend, a mix of stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar that has only 5 Calories and 2 grams of carbohydrate per serving. Swap out the sugar in your favorite recipes with half as much of this sweetener and prepare to do some delicious baking (and eating!) with fewer calories.
Warm apple crisp recipe
Serves 6 (150 calories per serving)
For the apple mixture
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Zing™ Baking Blend
For the crumble mixture
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup diced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 teaspoons Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the apples, lemon zest, water, cinnamon and Zing™ Baking Blend, and place in the pan.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, oats, almonds, butter, Zing™ Baking Blend and cinnamon until well combined.
- Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This post was brought to you by Zing™ Baking Blend.