Honey-mustard croutons go with just about any kind of salad. The slight mustard flavor along with the honey tastes great when using honey wheat bread.
These are also tasty to nibble on for a snack.
Honey-mustard croutons recipe
Yields 4 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes | Bake time: 30-35 minutes | Total time: 35-40 minutes
- 8 slices honey wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch square cubes, crust removed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- To a small bowl, add the honey, yellow prepared mustard, Dijon mustard and salt. Whisk together.
- To a large bowl, add the bread and coconut oil. Gently mix the coconut oil and the bread with your hands or a large spoon. Add the yellow mustard mixture, and stir together until the croutons are coated as much as possible.
- On a large cookie pan, lay the croutons out flat.
- Sprinkle mustard powder on top.
- Bake until the croutons turn crisp and are a golden color (about 30 to 35 minutes).
- Serve on top of salad or as a snack.