Easy homemade soft serve takes these ice cream sandwiches to another level
Creamy, homemade, vanilla soft-serve, sandwiched between two indulgent, guilt-free cookies.
I have a total sweet tooth, and sometimes it gets me in trouble. I love ice cream cookie sandwiches, but at over 400 calories a serving for most that you can buy, and the fact that I can never stop at just one, my little indulgences aren't so little.
It was time for me to come up with a recipe for my own ice cream cookie sandwich, and look for a way to make it an indulgent, but guilt-free treat, that doesn’t take too much work. To keep things simple, I used pre-made cookies, and a 3 ingredient homemade soft serve ice cream.
The cookies I used are the FiberOne Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies, which are a delicious way to indulge while managing weight. The reason I highly recommend using these cookies for this recipe is that they are crunchy, which means they won't get soggy when the ice cream touches it. In addition, they are only 110 calories each. They have 20 percent of the daily value of fiber with 5 grams. And lastly, they taste awesome: crispy, buttery, a sprinkling of chunks of chocolate and all that you would want and expect in a cookie.
The ice cream center is awesome too. Like I said, it only has 3 ingredients, which makes it very easy. But it is also customizable, so if you want to cut down on the sugar, or flavor the ice cream, you can!
All you need for the ice cream is 2 cups of heavy whipping cream (though you can use milk, but it won’t be as tasty), 7 ounces of sweetened condensed milk and some flavoring syrup or vanilla.
You put all the ingredients in a blender and process until it is whipped and thick, or use a hand mixer. Then put the mixture in a freezer container, and freeze until set up.
Ice cream cookie sandwiches recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 7 ounces (1/2 a can) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup (like coffee or drink flavoring) or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 boxes of Fiber One Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies (12 cookies total)
- In a high-powered blender, or using a hand mixer, combine the cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla flavoring and mix until thickened, like a whipped cream.
- Place the ice cream mixture in a shallow freezer safe dish.
- Freeze it for at least 1 hour.
- Using a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut out ice cream to the size of a cookie.
- Assemble the cookie sandwich with ice cream between 2 Fiber One cookies, and enjoy!
Fiber One has all kinds of delicious products, from New Cheesecake bars in Strawberry and Salted Caramel, which are only 150 calories a bar, to a line of cookies, including the ones used in this recipe. So Don't fight your instincts. Go on. Have one.