This chili recipe is the perfect meal to make after a long day because it’s quick and easy comfort food using only five ingredients.
This is my kind of home cooking — quick, easy and tastes like it took a lot longer to make than it really did. Hunt’s® fire-roasted diced garlic tomatoes and ground chili powder work together to get the party started with this spicy one-pot meal.
Into the pan goes the tomatoes, cooked ground beef, onions and bell peppers — and guess what? Other than adding water, that’s it.
And, of course, salting to taste is a must. Enjoy this super-simple chili all by its lonesome or add your favorite toppings for good measure. Then, dig in and enjoy each and every bite.
5-Ingredient chili recipe
Homemade chili never tasted so good and it’s made with only five ingredients, starting off with canned fire-roasted garlic tomatoes and chili powder. Then, ground beef is added to the mix, along with onion and bell peppers for a delicious meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 14.5 ounce can Hunt’s® Fire Roasted Diced Garlic Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3/4 pound cooked ground beef
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup water (use slightly less if a thicker chili is preferred)
- Salt to taste
- Heat a medium-size pot on low to medium heat and add all of the ingredients.
- Stir as the chili simmers.
- Cook until the chili is hot.
- Serve by itself or with optional toppings, such as shredded cheese, avocado, onion and tomatoes.