Buffalo chicken meatloaf — the less-messy way to get your wings fix
Buffalo sauce is not just for chicken wings and football parties. This meatloaf gives you all those flavors you love but in a family-friendly and easier-to-eat version.
This meatloaf not only tastes delicious, but it's also packed full of vegetables. Since it's a twist on Buffalo chicken, of course I had to get some carrots and celery in there. Trust me, this meatloaf will become your new family favorite, even with the sneaky addition of veggies.
Buffalo chicken meatloaf recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
For the meatloaf
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup small-diced celery
- 1/3 cup small-diced carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg
For the topping
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or a Silpat liner.
- To a large bowl, add all the ingredients, and mix together. (I find my hands work best for this.)
- Once fully combined and mixed, shape the mixture into a ball, add it to the prepared baking sheet, and shape it into an oval.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, then top with the sauce and cheese, and cook for another 20 minutes, until fully cooked and the topping has melted.
- Serve hot with more hot sauce or blue cheese, if desired.