Kale is still all the rage, and this time I’m using it for more than just boring leafy salad or kale chips. This time around, I’m mixing it with crispy bacon, beans and a sweet, vinegary dressing. So easy to make and even easier to enjoy all fall long.
In this salad, I used a mix of green beans, wax beans and kidney beans, but if you’re not a fan, you can always swap out with whatever beans you enjoy. The dressing is perfectly sweet with a nice vinegar punch. Trust me, your whole family will go crazy over this salad. Plus, you can serve it warm or at room temperature, so it’s easy to make ahead of time.
Kale-bacon 3-bean salad recipe
Say goodbye to boring old bean salad. We packed this version with sautéed kale and bacon.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- To a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook until the bacon is crispy, and then remove the bacon from the pan, but leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add in the kale and beans, and sauté quickly to just soften the kale.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Pour the mixture into the skillet, and let cook down slightly, then remove from the heat.
- Eat the mixture warm from the stove or at room temperature.