If there’s one sure way to kick the workday blues, I’d definitely say it’s a breakfast full of chocolate.
Overnight oats are already a busy workweek superstar of a breakfast, because they require literally five minutes of prep the night before and absolutely no time the next morning. Just pop them out of the fridge, and dig in (although you can definitely warm them up in the microwave if you’re not a fan of cold oats).
But when they taste like brownie batter, they’re even more amazing. If you’re looking for a slightly healthier version, just cut back on the sugar or maple syrup. Topping choices are endless too. If you’re a walnuts-in-your-brownies kind of person, throw some on top for some added healthy fats. Cacao nibs would be a great alternative for the chocolate chips too. Any way you eat them, though, they’re an easy breakfast win, for sure.
Brownie batter overnight oats recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 8 hours | Total time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, and stir until thoroughly mixed together. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon into a serving jar or bowl in the morning, warm up in the microwave if desired, and top with additional chocolate chips.