Not only are these cookies amazingly delicious, but they’re gluten-free too. Brown sugar and dark chocolate chunks take classic oatmeal cookies over the top, and don’t forget the sprinkling of sea salt on top.
Use a food processor to turn oatmeal into flour for baking these gluten-free treats. These cookies combine oatmeal “flour,” almond flour, spices, chocolate chunks and brown sugar to make a sweet snack you might not be able to stop eating.
Salted brown sugar chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Pink sea salt, for topping
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a blender or food processor, add 2 cups of the rolled oats, and pulse until the oats resemble flour.
- To a bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oats, the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- To a separate bowl, add the butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer, blend the butter and sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, add in the egg, vanilla almond milk and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well incorporated, then add in the chocolate chunks, and mix again.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges become crispy and golden. Transfer to a wire cooling rack, top with pink sea salt, and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Store the cookies for up to 4 days in an airtight container.