Mix up your lasagna recipe with spaghetti noodles (VIDEO)
Lasagna is a tasty but complicated dish — something no one has time for on a weeknight. Switching out the lasagna noodles for easy-to-handle spaghetti gets things moving faster and makes the end result a little more kid friendly.
Spaghetti noodle turkey lasagna recipe
- 1 pound pasta (Mueller's Pot-Sized Spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Basil, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain, and set aside.
- To make the meat mixture: In a skillet, heat the olive oil, then add in the ground turkey, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until no longer pink. Add the garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add in the marinara sauce, heat through for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from the heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- In another bowl, combine the cooked pasta, eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 the noodle mixture in the bottom of the dish, spreading it evenly.
- Place 1/2 the meat sauce on the noodle layer, spreading it evenly.
- Using 1/2 the ricotta mixture, cover the meat mixture by placing several small dollops of the ricotta mixture on top, then spreading it evenly.
- Top with 1/2 the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles, meat sauce, ricotta and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil, and cook for an additional 10 minutes, until brown and bubbling.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut into squares, and serve.