One-Pot Wonder: Creamy tomato pasta with peas and ham in just 20 minutes
One-pot meals are pretty much any busy cook's favorite thing, but when they're creamy, cheesy and still a complete meal, they're even better.
This dinner, ready in 20 minutes, might be my all-time favorite one-pot meal to ever come out of my kitchen. There was a dish called farfalle alla Daniella at this Italian hole-in-the-wall kind of pizza joint we used to go to after soccer practice on nights when Mom was too busy to cook. I have no idea who Daniella was, but her farfalle rocked. It was filled with tomatoes, peas, prosciutto and a light cream sauce, and let's just say thank goodness for teenage metabolism, because I'd eat almost an entire pound of that myself every time we went. Daniella inspired this quick weeknight dinner, and considering it's ready in just 20 minutes, there's really no excuse for eating out, even on busy nights.
One-pot creamy tomato pasta with peas and ham recipe
This is a one-pot meal that literally could not be easier. A creamy crowd-pleaser ready in just 20 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup dried elbow pasta
- 1-1/4 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta, and cook for about 6 minutes, until al dente. Add the peas at the last 2 minutes, then drain, and set the pasta and peas aside.
- Return the pot to the stove over medium heat. Add the ham, tomatoes, cream cheese and cheddar, and stir until the cheeses are melted and the mixture is warmed through.
- Add the pasta and peas back into the pot, stir to combine, season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat, and serve.