Greek yogurt-marinated chicken is as tender as it is delicious
Chicken is one of the easiest and most versatile ingredients you can use for lunch or dinner. But oftentimes when baked, if not done correctly, it can turn out super dry and not the least bit flavorful. That's all about to change.
In this recipe, I marinated chicken in Greek yogurt along with fresh lemon juice and honey for a dish that comes out super juicy and very tender every time. Don't forget all the flavorful herbs and spices on top.
I like to serve this Mediterranean-inspired chicken dish with vegetable side dishes like steamed green beans or mashed cauliflower. A big green salad would also make a great addition to this healthy, low-carb dinner.
Baked Greek yogurt chicken recipe
Tender and juicy yogurt-marinated chicken is seasoned with lots of Mediterranean herbs and served with vegetables for an easy meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Bake time: 25 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, honey and minced garlic.
- Mix well, and transfer to a plastic zip-top bag. Add the chicken breast strips, and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator, and marinate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all the seasonings, and mix well, then set aside.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish, and generously sprinkle the tops with the seasoning mix. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
- Serve the chicken warm alongside any vegetable side dishes, such as steamed green beans and mashed cauliflower (as pictured).