Need dinner ideas for the busy week that lies ahead? This flavorful one-pot quinoa dish is infused with Indian flavors and vegetables and is ready in no time.
This super-easy, Indian-inspired dish is completely meatless yet still satisfying. Full of flavorful spices like garlic, paprika and cardamom, this fragrant dish is perfect for a light vegetarian dinner or as a healthy option for those looking to get more vegetables into their diet.
Simmering the quinoa in vegetable broth rather than water adds a ton of extra flavor that plain water cannot do. Adding the fresh vegetables to the quinoa while simmering saves time by cooking them all at once and keeping this a true one-pot dish.
This recipe is very versatile, and you can use any vegetables you have on hand, like sweet potatoes, leafy greens or anything you feel would be a great addition to this hearty and healthy dish.
One-pot tandoori quinoa and vegetables recipe
This healthy, Indian-inspired one-pot dish uses fresh vegetables that are simmered in vegetable broth along with quinoa and tons of flavorful spices for a filling vegetarian meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small head cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh naan bread, for serving (optional)
- To a large pot, add the quinoa and 2 cups of the vegetable broth (reserving 1/2 cup), and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add in the diced zucchini, cauliflower and red onions, reduce the heat to medium, and cook uncovered until all the vegetable broth has been absorbed by the quinoa, about 15 minutes.
- Mix well, and add the thawed peas and carrots, the seasonings and the remaining 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Cover, and lightly simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid, and fluff with a fork.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into serving bowls, and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Best served warm with naan bread, if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.