Baked chicken with white wine and citrus is an easy meal packed with flavor
Nobody likes dry, tasteless chicken dinners, and this marinade of olive oil, fresh orange and lemon juices, white wine and lots of fresh garlic guarantees a meal that's anything but boring.
I love serving this chicken with a side of fresh steamed green beans and mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes, but just about any vegetable will go perfect with this easy dish.Allow the chicken to marinate for at least one hour so that the marinade can really infuse the meat with flavor. If you have time, let it marinate for several hours or even overnight.
Garlicky white wine baked chicken recipe
White wine, fresh citrus juices and garlic make this baked chicken juicy and flavorful.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Bake time: 40 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large, sweet orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, orange and lemon juices, white wine, honey, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts to a large, ziplock bag, and pour in the marinade. Close the bag, and place it in the refrigerator to marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a medium-size baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and transfer it to a baking dish. Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until the centers of the chicken breasts are no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve warm with fresh vegetables and your favorite side dishes, such as steamed green beans, a salad and roasted potatoes (as pictured).