Easy salted caramel sauce will make everything taste better (VIDEO)
There's an almost endless list of what you can do with salted caramel sauce. Sweeten your coffee or cocoa, top your favorite desserts... or eat it with a spoon. It's up to you.
And that tasty sauce gets even better when you make it yourself.
Salted caramel sauce recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar over medium-high heat.
- When the sugar starts to melt, whisk it. When the sugar has fully melted and is not clumpy, stop whisking.
- Continue cooking the sugar until it reaches a deep amber color. Watch closely so it does not burn.
- Add the butter, and whisk until it has melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and slowly pour in the heavy cream and creamer. Whisk until incorporated and the caramel is smooth.
- Whisk in the salt.
- Let the sauce cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Pour the caramel into a jar, and let it cool to room temperature.
This post was brought to you by International Delight.