Here’s a country-style ribs dinner where all you have to do is dish it up right out of the slow cooker and then dig in. OK, I may have left out the 15 minutes prep time, and you can also add a few chopped goodies for garnish, but that’s just to pretty up the dish a bit.
All in all, these melt-in-your-mouth ribs couldn’t be easier.
They’re sweet, spicy and tender with every bite, and that’s a good thing.
I especially like how the sweetness of the mango and pineapple counter the heat from the serrano pepper.
Like this bite, for example. Don’t you just want to dig in right now?
Slow cooker mango, pineapple and jalapeño country-style pork ribs recipe
Slow-cooked, tender and moist country-style ribs are smothered in mango, pineapple and jalapeño and served over rice for a hearty meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 3 pounds lean, boneless, country-style pork ribs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (for the slow cooker)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large serrano pepper, seeded and chopped (use half the pepper if less heat is preferred)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and chopped, for garnish
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper slices, for garnish
- 4 servings cooked basmati rice
- To a large slow cooker, add the country-style ribs, pineapple, mangoes, red bell pepper and onion.
- To a separate, small- to medium-size bowl, add the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper, salt, serrano pepper and garlic. Stir all the ingredients well, and add them to the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on to the 6-hour setting, and cover with the lid.
- Serve the pork ribs and sauce from the slow cooker over basmati rice.
- Garnish with mango, cilantro, sesame seeds and serrano pepper.