Cake? Ice cream? Have both in one bowl with easy birthday cake ice cream
Incredibly delicious and easy to make, birthday cake ice cream (complete with cake mix and sprinkles) tastes like cake, but in ice cream form. Prepare to have the kid inside of you jump right out.
There are certain events in a person's life that call for birthday cake ice cream and one of them happened to be my now six-year-old's...well... umm... birthday. I had made this ice cream for the little ones way back when and they absolutely loved it, of course. When it was time to celebrate, naturally, this was on top of their list.
You don't have to be a kid to love it as much as them, if not more.
Do you see that light blue ribbon woven all around the ice cream? Well, because this cold and creamy beauty is loaded with sprinkles, the blue ones decided to melt right into the cream and become one. It's the prettiest accident I have ever seen. I can't promise that you'll experience the same, but fingers crossed, you will. It's just that darn pretty.
Milk in, cake mix in, and a handful of sprinkles tossed in with everything at the end. Happiness!
Birthday cake ice cream recipe
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 20 minutes (plus overnight freezing time) | Total time: 25 minutes (plus overnight freezing time)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white cake mix
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Place the milk and sugar in a food blender and blend for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. You can also use an electric mixer or a whisk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the heavy cream and the pure vanilla extract.
- Pour the heavy cream mixture into the milk/sugar mixture and blend for another minute.
- Stir in the cake mix and make sure there are no lumps.
- Turn on the ice cream maker, pour in the milk mixture and freeze it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 3 minutes before the ice cream is done churning, add the sprinkles into the mixture through the ingredient spout on the ice cream maker.
- Once the ice cream is done churning, transfer it to an airtight container.
- Cover the ice cream with a lid and freeze for several hours or overnight.
More fun ice cream recipes
Pineapple upside-down cake, ice cream and cherries mingle in a sweet treat
Tropical mango-pineapple sherbet is as easy as it is healthful
15 Super-easy ice cream recipes you could make with your eyes closed