With just weeks until football season officially starts back up, get ready to be inundated with Buffalo chicken everything.
While I couldn’t care less about football if I tried, I do greatly appreciate the food. Buffalo sauce rivals hamburgers and hot dogs for epitomizing American cuisine in my mind, and when you combine it with chicken, shredded cheese, pizza dough and blue cheese, I’m pretty sure it beats out any crazy, over-the-top burger combination you can think of.
These cheesy Buffalo chicken-pizza breadsticks come together in less than 25 minutes and are the perfect thing to throw onto the coffee table for the Sunday game. I’m pretty sure not even the football haters out there, like me, will squeak out a complaint with this snack in front of them.
Cheesy Buffalo chicken-pizza breadsticks recipe
This Buffalo chicken appetizer is cheesy, gooey, decadent and perfect for either a game day bite or a quick party platter.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 14 minutes | Total time: 24 minutes
- 1 container Pillsbury pizza dough crust
- 2-1/4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Blue cheese dressing, for topping or dipping (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F, and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Open the Pillsbury pizza dough, and spread it out onto the baking sheet. Place in the oven, and bake for 6 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, in a bowl, combine the chicken and Buffalo wing sauce, and stir until all the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- Remove the crust from the oven, spread the chicken mixture evenly on top, then sprinkle the cheddar and mozzarella on top of that. Add 1/2 the green onions, and place back into the oven for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with the remaining green onions, and drizzle with blue cheese dressing, if using. Cut down the middle lengthwise and then across into strips. Serve immediately.