If you have ever had the pleasure of making a stop at Sonic, you know how famous they are for their drinks. Slushies, limeades, floats — you name it, they make it. One of my hands-down favorite drinks is their bright blue Ocean Water.
This drink is so refreshing and so easy to make at home. It’s just lemon-lime soda mixed with coconut extract and coloring. Once I realized how easy this would be to re-create, I’ve been making it all summer long.
While this isn’t the most diet-friendly drink, you can easily use diet or sugar-free lemon-lime soda in place of regular soda to cut calories and sugar. I’ve also made this into slushies, and it’s just as good over ice, if not better.
Copycat Sonic Ocean Water recipe
This icy cold lemon-lime soda drink is mixed with coconut extract and blue food coloring and served over ice for a fun Sonic copycat drink.
Yields 2 large or 4 small
Total time: 5 minutes
- 24 ounces (2 cans) lemon-lime soda
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- 3-4 drops blue food coloring, depending on desired shade of blue
- Ice, for serving
- In a pitcher, combine the lemon-lime soda, agave, coconut extract and food coloring. Mix well.
- Fill 2 large glasses or 4 small glasses with ice, and pour the Ocean Water on top.
- Garnish the drinks (optional) with Swedish Fish and straws before serving.