Healthier chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies that only taste sinful
If you’re like me and love cookies but hate the guilt you feel after eating one (or 10), then this waistline-friendly treat recipe is one you will want to keep around.
Mashed bananas are combined with gluten-free oats, peanut butter, coconut oil and chocolate chunks, turning into one magical treat you won’t believe is healthy. Plus, there's no baking involved. These are so good they can easily be enjoyed for breakfast, packed in your kid's lunchbox or even with a hot cup of coffee as an afternoon treat.
Not a fan of peanut butter? Try swapping it out for creamy almond butter or cashew butter for a peanut-free version.
No-bake chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies recipe
Adapted from Well Plated
These easy, no-bake, gluten-free cookies are full of bananas, chocolate, peanut butter and oats for a healthy and easy dessert or snack.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other type of milk
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (can also use butter or dairy-free butter)
- 1/4 cup good-quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw agave or honey
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 3-1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate chunks
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper, and set it aside.
- To a medium-size pot, add the almond milk, coconut oil and cocoa powder, and bring to a boil, cooking for about 1 minute while whisking constantly.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, sea salt and agave or honey. Mix until very smooth.
- Fold in the mashed banana, and continue to mix until there are no lumps and the mixture is very thick.
- Finally, stir in the rolled oats and the chocolate chunks.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto the baking sheet, and press slightly into the desired shape.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator to firm up for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Store leftover cookies for several days in the refrigerator.