Cauliflower has been all the rage the past couple of years. From cauliflower pizza crusts to mock cauliflower mashed potatoes, we’ve all come to love this hearty and versatile vegetable.
It also makes a wonderful filling for tacos. Skip the meat, and roast cauliflower with spices for a healthy, meatless taco night.
In this recipe, I used fresh cauliflower florets tossed in spices, chipotle peppers and a little bit of enchilada sauce, then roasted them until tender.
Serve this taco-style cauliflower in organic corn tortillas piled high with all your favorite toppings for a healthier vegetarian take on a classic.
Spicy roasted chipotle cauliflower tacos recipe
Cauliflower is roasted with lots of spices and served in warm corn tortillas with all the fixings. Skip the meat, and serve this healthy vegetarian-based taco instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup red or green enchilada sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-2 chipotle peppers, mashed
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed
- 12 organic corn tortillas
- Shredded cheddar Jack cheese
- Low-fat sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced red onions
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F, and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the red or green enchilada sauce, the envelope of taco seasonings and mashed chipotle peppers, and mix well.
- To the bowl, add the fresh cauliflower florets, and toss them with the mixture until all the florets are evenly coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish, and roast in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the oven or on a microwave-safe plate, then fill each with the roasted cauliflower.
- Top each taco with shredded cheese or any other desired toppings, and serve warm.