Puff pastry is not just for sweet treats — and this cheesy tomato-basil tart proves it.
I love to use puff pastry for tarts because it takes zero effort and can be cooked in about 30 minutes. Plus it’s great with juicy ripe tomatoes and lots of fresh summer basil.
This beauty made a perfect lunch but it would be great as an appetizer, side dish or light summer dinner.
Easy 3-cheese tomato basil tart recipe
This simple puff pastry tart combines three delicious cheeses plus fresh summer tomatoes. You’ll love this flavorful dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place puff pastry sheet onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Fold up about a 1/2-inch of the pastry on the sides and poke the bottom of the tart with a fork.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the pastry starts to puff and get slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with half of each cheese, the tomato slices, the remaining cheese, and finally, the black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with basil and serve warm.