3 Simple ways to turn Oreo cookies into even tastier desserts
Most of us probably have a pack of Oreos stashed in the cupboard. Instead of eating them the usual way, let's whip up some easy desserts with them. Using other common ingredients in the kitchen, we can make our Oreo habit even more delicious.
You can mix Oreos with peanut butter, chocolate chips and oats, then roll them into balls. Imagine the explosion of great flavors packed into one bite. Or if you are expecting guests and want something beautiful but easy to prepare, don't worry — just grab that pack of Oreos and crush them to make tart crusts. Then you can pack them up with ice cream and fresh strawberries before serving. It's such a delicious summer treat. And as a third Oreo dessert, you can coat banana spring rolls in crushed cookies, bake them, then make a simple dip of vanilla and yogurt.
Oreo crust ice cream tarts with strawberries recipe
Having crushed Oreos as the base of this summer dessert makes it such a delicious way to enjoy ice cream topped with fresh strawberries
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (or other flavors of your choosing)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and rinsed
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- 3 small tart molds
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the cookies until they become crumbs. Then, add the butter and pulse until the mixture becomes compact.
- Transfer the mixture to the tart molds and press with your fingers to flatten mixture until compact. Keep in the freezer for at least one hour or more.
- Before serving, scoop some ice cream on each tart crust. Then, top with the strawberries. Garnish with the mint if using.
- Serve immediately.
Oreo-crusted banana spring rolls with vanilla yogurt dip recipe
Instead of the usual fried version, get creative by rolling banana spring rolls in Oreo crumbs and dipping them in vanilla yogurt dip.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Baking time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 large banana, peeled
- 3 phyllo pastry sheets, halved
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 5 Oreo cookies
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the cookies until they become crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a plate and set aside.
- Divide the banana into 3. Then, slice each piece vertically leaving you with 6 pieces.
- On a plate, lay the phyllo sheet flat and place a banana almost at the end. Fold both sides and roll until the end. Wet the end with water to seal it. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Dip each spring roll in the egg. Then, roll them on the Oreo crumbs. Use two spoons to make it easier.
- Transfer the spring rolls to the baking tin and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack.
- While baking, prepare the yogurt dip. Slice the vanilla pod vertically and scrape out the seeds with the tip of the knife.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and the vanilla seeds.
- Serve the spring rolls with the vanilla yogurt.
Oreo peanut butter balls recipe
Oreos and peanut butter are two ingredients that everyone loves. These cookie balls are easy and delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours,15 minutes
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons oats
- Put 6 of the Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor and pulse until they become crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl. Pulse the remaining 2 Oreo cookies until they become crumbs and transfer them to a small plate. Set aside.
- In the medium bowl with the Oreo crumbs, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Make small balls with the mixture.
- On the plate with the remaining Oreo crumbs, roll the balls to cover them with the crumbs.
- Refrigerate the balls for 2 hours or until they harden a bit.