13 Best crisp sandwiches on the Internet
Since we heard that the first English crisp sandwich shop had opened in Yorkshire, we've been thinking about exactly what constitutes a great crisp sandwich. What flavour of crisp? Which type of bread? What added ingredients — if any?
I've already revealed my personal preference when it comes to crisp butties but there are plenty more adventurous crisp sandwich fans out there.
So — purely in the name of research — here are 13 of the best crisp sandwiches on the Internet.
1. The classic: ready salted crisps and ketchup
2. BBQ crisps, hummus and… a chocolate bourbon?!
3. Layering with French Fries
4. Doritos on a bed of butter
5. Reaching Canadian shores
6. The crisp sandwich goes posh
7. Salt and vinegar on brown bread
8. Just a little crunch with original Pops
9. Is that really strawberry jam?
10. Ham, cheese and crinkle cut crisps
11. Simple but spicy: pickled onion Space Raiders on a plain roll
12. A crisp sandwich — or a SLABwich?
13. Pepperoni Stars on a seeded bagel
Tell us: what would your perfect crisp sandwich filling be? Or is this whole idea just too gross?